Home » Expertis » Mergers and Acquisitions
Strategic alliances, mergers, and acquisitions are essential to the development of your business, and our team looks into their every detail and offers you tactical consultation ensuring you get the best value for your business.
Whether you’re looking into local, regional, or global deals, our legal advice will put you on the right development map and guide you through the next steps of turning an idea into a strategic and sealed agreement by offering you the following services:
- Conducting all needed due diligence reports.
- Negotiating, drafting, and reviewing all related agreements and documents required for completion of procedures.
- Representing and finalizing the processes before the competent governmental authorities such as General Authority for Investments and Free Zones (GAFI) and Egyptian Financial Supervisory Authority (EFSA).
I&D is recognized as one of the leading law firm in the Egyptian M&A legal market. The firm was involved in the most significant cross-border deals that had occurred in strategic industries in Egypt. A sample of those deals includes:
- Construction Sector: As a local counsel, I&D represented a major cement operator in what remains the largest merger and acquisition in the history of Egypt. The deal was worth US $15 billion
- Gas & Oil Sector: I&D restructured the Egyptian operations related to the merger of what is currently the largest energy company in the world. This included the setting up of innovative legal procedures which were innovative and remain a model in the area of merger and acquisition. Since then, I&D remain closely connected with the operation of this large entity.
- Food Manufacturing: I&D represented a major US food company in its acquisition of the remaining 49% shares of an Egyptian subsidiary owned by a Kuwaiti company.
- Pharmaceutical Sector: I&D advised a major Egyptian pharmaceutical target company in the sale to a major international purchaser.